The carillon was installed in the West Tower of Our Lady of Good Voyage in 1922 with 25 bells that were cast by the John Taylor & Co. Bell Foundry (Loughborough, England, GB). It was the first modern attuned carillon in the US. The instrument was enlarged in 1924 with six bells, giving it a total of 31 bells, all made by the Taylor Bell Foundry. The carillon was silenced in 2007, while awaiting needed renovations. In 2010, Meeks, Watson, and Company (Georgetown, Ohio, US) performed renovation work on the carillon.
The files in this collection are protected by copyright law. No commercial reproduction or distribution of these files is permitted without the written permission of Bok Tower Gardens Library and Archives. For questions or further information on this collection, contact email@example.com.