The McRoberts Memorial Carillion is located in the Rhodes Center for the Arts at the Northfield Mount Hermon School. It was formerly located in Sage Chapel on the Northfield campus of the Northfield and Mt. Hermon Schools. The original instrument in Sage Chapel was installed in 1924 with eight bells that were cast by the Whitechapel Bell Foundry (London, England, GB). The carillon was installed in 1966 and has 47 bells and an electric keyboard. The bells were cast by Les Fils de Georges Paccard (Annecy-le Vieux, FR). In 2003, Sage Chapel was closed due to hazardous conditions. In 2008, the bells were moved from Sage Chapel to the Rhodes Center for the Arts, and were reinstalled with only electric action.
The files in this collection are protected by copyright law. No commercial reproduction or distribution of these files is permitted without the written permission of Bok Tower Gardens Library and Archives. For questions or further information on this collection, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.