The Phillips Chime has an Ellacombe stand and 16 bells. The chime was begun in 1860 with 15 bells that were cast by the Henry N. Hooper and Company Bell Foundry (Boston, Massachusetts, US). Between 1974 and 1890, the chime was enlarged with one bell that was cast by the William Blake and Company Bell Foundry (Boston, Massachusetts, US). Each bell is inscribed with a Bible verse. During the 1920s and 1930s the bells were rung from an electric console. The bells were restored in 1960 and since then, they have been rung by hand.
The files in this collection are protected by copyright law. No commercial reproduction or distribution of these files is permitted without the written permission of Bok Tower Gardens Library and Archives. For questions or further information on this collection, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.