The Ella S. Bulkley Memorial Carillon is located in the St. James Episcopal Church. It is a traditional instrument with 25 bells. Originally, it was a chime with 15 bells that were cast by the Meneely and Company Bell Foundry (Watervliet, New York, US). The original chime was a memorial to Ella Bulkley. Shortly after the chime was installed, at the suggestion of Andrew Meneely IV, eight new Meneely and Company Bell Foundry bells were added. In 1936, two more bells, also cast by Meneely and Company, were added. In 1987, the bells and tower were refurbished by Olympic Carillon Engineering (Seattle, Washington, US).
The files in this collection are protected by copyright law. No commercial reproduction or distribution of these files is permitted without the written permission of Bok Tower Gardens Library and Archives. For questions or further information on this collection, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.