Stetson University had a chime-sized instrument that was installed in 1915. The instrument had 11 bells that were cast by the McShane Bell Foundry (Baltimore, Maryland, US). The bells were placed in Elizabeth Hall. In 1934, Hulley Tower was built and the bells were installed in the tower. The bells were removed in 2005 when the tower was dismantled. After their removal, some of the bells were placed throughout the campus and the town of DeLand, and the rest were placed in storage. As of 2013, a one ton bell from the original set, named “Big Green,” is presented at every home football game.
The files in this collection are protected by copyright law. No commercial reproduction or distribution of these files is permitted without the written permission of Bok Tower Gardens Library and Archives. For questions or further information on this collection, contact email@example.com.