The Maguire Memorial Carillon is located in the First Presbyterian Church. The original carillon was a gift from officials of the Nestle Unilac Company (Switzerland). The carillon had 36 bells that were cast by the Gillett and Johnston Bell Foundy (Croydon, England, GB). The carillon was originally placed in a temporary tower and was disassembled and put into storage in 1956. In 1967, Walter Maguire, who was a long-time church Elder, and his family had the carillon enlarged and a new tower built. The carillon was designed by Arthur Bigelow. Bigelow used 22 of the original bells in the new carillon in addition to 34 bells cast by the Georges Paccard Bell Foundry (Annecy-le-Vieux, FR).
The files in this collection are protected by copyright law. No commercial reproduction or distribution of these files is permitted without the written permission of Bok Tower Gardens Library and Archives. For questions or further information on this collection, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.