The Hoover Institution Carillon is located in the Hoover Tower at Stanford University. The tower is 285 feet tall and houses a carillon of 48 bells. The carillon's original 35 bells were cast in 1938 by Marcel Michiels (Tournai, BE). The carillon was initially located in the Belgian Pavilion at the 1939-1940 New York World's Fair. The carillon was a gift of thanks to Herbert Hoover from the Belgian American Educational Foundation. It was dedicated on June 20, 1941. In 2000, the Royal Eijsbouts Bell Foundry (Asten, Holland, NL) recast the original bells and cast an additional 13 bells for the carillon.
The files in this collection are protected by copyright law. No commercial reproduction or distribution of these files is permitted without the written permission of Bok Tower Gardens Library and Archives. For questions or further information on this collection, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.